Hantel was founded in 1999 by Mary and Dave Gallup. Their vision of a company that would bring medical devices to market, with all services provided under one roof, laid the groundwork for building the comprehensive service provider that Hantel is today. Their mission was to create a company culture and structure that facilitated rapid project turnaround, and provided the flexibility in service needed to meet the unique needs of an extremely diverse clientele, from startups to Fortune 500 companies. Since then, Hantel has become a leader in contract design and manufacturing, having developed hundreds of products for a wide array of applications. Hantel retains a highly qualified and diverse workforce with expertise in all aspects of medical device development and manufacturing. Located near the heart of Silicon Valley and several major universities, Hantel is convenient and accessible to a wide array of device and biotech firms. Providing fast and flexible service, Hantel was built to meet your needs.
Our Value Statements
- A One-Stop Shop – By offering a comprehensive line of product development services under one roof, our clients can enjoy convenient and efficient service that is second to none.
- Speed & Flexibility – Having a strong program management and product development process allows us to create a well-defined project plan with high visibility for timely delivery. In addition, our flexible processes allow for us to quickly change course to proactively address challenges.
- A Leading Expert – We are leading experts in medical product development, manufacturing, and quality/regulatory affairs.
- Customer Satisfaction – We strive to provide impeccable customer service, and are committed to a no-compromise position on quality and service.
- Path to Scale – Our high volume manufacturing partnerships provide an easy transition as production volume grows.
Our Executive Team
Mary Pascual-Gallup, Co-Founder, CEO
Mary has 27 years of experience exclusively in the medical device industry. Prior to founding Hantel, Mary led a consulting firm that assessed and established Documentation and Quality Systems for early stage ventured backed companies, such as Radiotherapeutics, Vital Insite and others. Mary also represented clients during regulatory and certification audits. She previously held management level positions supporting New Product Introduction and Documentation Development at Abbott Laboratories and Oximetrix. Mary takes a resolute no-compromise stance on quality and service that is delivered every day by Hantel personnel.
Dave Gallup, Co-Founder, VP of Engineering
With more than 30 years in the field of medical devices, Dave has extensive experience in both engineering and manufacturing, including high volume manufacturing operations. Dave has developed a myriad of high-tech, catheter-based products. As a plastics materials expert, he has an excellent working knowledge of plastic tooling and processes. Dave also currently teaches graduate level courses on topics including Part Design, Materials, Tooling and Processes at Santa Clara University.